And also Merry Christmas *cough*notlateatall*cough*
So the end of 2015 was both bad and good. Bad in that I lost my voice to laryngitis but good in that for New Year I was with friends. But let's not lament about what an awful year 2015 turned out to be with work being stupid and the loss of my Grandfather.
Now it is 2016. And I have some plans.[Where I blather on quite a bit]
- do a collab with Sloth (Don't Starve Together)
- start a new series for Friday uploads (probably Tomb Raider: Rise of the Tomb Raider)
- do some more “Ocha – about Japan” videos
- GOAL: return to upload schedule by May
- Add 15 minutes to my morning routine for some basic stretches
- Add 10 minutes to my night-time routine to loosen up for bed
- See which one works out
- GOAL: integrate yoga into daily routine
- tracking my food intake was one of the easiest ways I found to stop eating crappy food
- try not to be too anal about it, cheat days are things that happen
- GOAL: update myfitnesspal daily
- This may sound stupid, but I have a lot of cheap clothes that within a year or so fall apart or get stained
- rummage through closet and draws, do a big throw out, replace with nicer things
- try to shop at places other than Uniqlo for some variety
- GOAL: reduce wardrobe volume by 25 items by June
- This can partly be related back to point 1, I have channel assets that I have floating around in my head that need to be put to paper.
- Also I have the 30 day challenge saved somewhere...
- It generally makes me happy
- And also stops me nibbling at food out of boredom
- GOAL: complete the 30 day challenge by September
- Practise swinging more regularly (3 times a week)
- review songs in my own time, not the hour before class
- general fitness/physical well being improvement
- GOAL: learn Odaiko part for Hyuga by April
- My goal is to be able to play Nino's Niji by the end of the year. I made it through one page last year before I had to move.
- Sure it's complicated as fuck but since it's a song I love to sing, I want to be able to play the accompaniment myself.
- GOAL: be able to play Niji by the end of the year
- I would like to start Kyudo to be more precise, and I think I know somewhere in Yao that does lessons.
- Get back to Yao, go along, find things out.
- If not, could always turn this into Yoga?
- GOAL: join a class before summer vacation starts
This may sound like a lot. And realistically 1, 4, 7 and 8 can not be done until I return to Yao in April. And with some luck, if I can get started on the other and make them habits by then, they can become my new habits? We shall see.
I'll be using habitrpg to motivate myself, I was using it before but had to go “rest in the Inn” due to illness and generally being in holiday mode.
So, in review my 8 goals are
- return to upload schedule by May
- integrate yoga into daily routine
- update myfitnesspal daily
- reduce wardrobe volume by 25 items by June
- complete the 30 day challenge by September
- learn Odaiko part for Hyuga by April
- be able to play Niji by the end of the year
- join a class before summer vacation starts
I have tried to spread out the due dates of my goals, with only two being dateless as they will hopefully be things to do everyday.